Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mrs. BigDaveT Hits FifT

I modifed a meme I found over at Bornfool's site so I could talk about the missus, who marks a milestone in her life this week.

She is 50, the BIG 50, on Friday

She said, “Don’t write about me.” I’m doing it anyway.

She wants the Who’s Next CD for her birthday. But she doesn’t give me a written list, only makes suggestions. So I said, “Are you sure you didn’t ask for an Abbott & Costello movie containing the routine, “Who’s on First?” She didn’t think that was funny.

She wishes I would pay better attention when she speaks.

She hates ants in the house

She misses her mother and her brother who both passed away within the past few years.

She fears really big bugs

She hears complaints all the time in her job as a customer service representative. That’s why I never complain to her myself :)

She wonders “what’s going to happen with us.” (Now that our kids are grown.)

She regrets she can’t spot deer as quickly as I can while we we’re driving through wooded areas. Whitetail spotting is among her very favorite pasttimes.

She is not the perfect mom. So she says. I think she is.

She dances the Cha Cha Slide, now that oldest son Greg taught her the moves.

She sings the praises of Frog Island Beer, brewed locally by an old chum from the neighborhood.

She cries at too many movies. She used to get teary-eyed watching those “reach out and touch someone” long distance commercials on TV.

She is not always visiting her sister Denise in Ann Arbor. It just seems like it

She made (makes) a great shoo fly pie, drawing on her Pennsylvania Dutch roots.

She writes very pretty. I still can’t find half the stuff on her list when I go to the store for her.

She confuses my good-natured teasing sometimes. Like when she asked if I knew what big day was coming up this Friday. Instead of recalling her birthday, I said, “That’s the day that Trucker Bob and his blog hit the road.” She didn’t think that was funny either.

She needs a hobby now that her kids are grown.

She should take the wheel more often if she doesn’t like how I drive.

She starts her day an hour earlier than the rest of us so she can take her shower, get dressed and make sack lunches for all of us to take to work.

She finishes her day with a good book, usually a novel written for women by women.

19 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Happy Birthday for Friday Wendy.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Anyone who likes beer by the name of Frog Island is #1 in my book.

If I forget, Happy Birthday to the missus.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your better half is a gem! Happy Birthday, Wendy! Fifty? Nifty!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Glad you got a smile from my
post and hope you are feeling Ok again.
Please wish Wendy a very Happy Birthday for Friday. Sounds like she is a real
treasure, so treat her nice.
Take care, Merle.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wendy sounds like a lovely, sweet lady. I hope she has the happiest of birthdays.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wendy Lou
Happy Birthday your Eyes are Blue
Happy Birthday your 5'2"
Happy Birthday Wendy Lou

Have a Great Birthday !!!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Dave. My sister IS very special. Happy 50th, Lou.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday wendy,welcome to the big 5-0 club

6:26 AM  
Blogger bornfool said...

Happy Birthday, Wendy!

Love the way you adapted the meme.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Happy Birthday to your wife Dave, she sounds like a wonderful lady.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

If you buy her enough Frog Island Beer, she might forget about the Trucker Bob incident... just a thought ;-)

8:33 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I think the only thing she's missing out on is your sense of humor -- which is pretty easy, since I do it all the time.

Great wife you got there, Milt.

12:08 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

Happy birthday! I turned fifty last year and I still act like a 12 year old ;)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Nankin said...

Dave, tell her there is life after 50. Sometimes I even think it's better than all those years we spent growing up.

She sounds like a really great lady.

4:09 PM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Wow...your Mrs. and I have a lot on common. She sounds like a great lady. The two of you are very lucky.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

What a great tribute to your wife. I need to make my husband blog so he can do a meme about meme! :) Happy Birthday to your wife!!!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your wife, Dave and what a great tribute to her. Hope she got to read it!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WENDY!!! I'm sorry I wasn't here Friday to send my wishes.
I hope you got 'THE WHO's" new CD!!

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday and may the next 20 years be your greatest. Fifty now sounds very young. I have a son who just celebrated his fiftieth birthday on the 6th. Yes, he was fifty on 06/06/06.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home