Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Around My Yard

Busy week this week. We're celebrating my oldest son's 29th birthday this Thursday, my youngest son is heading off to Washington DC on Friday, I've been trying my hand at other creative projects (Moviemaker, Photobook) . . . so this blog is going to be more of a photoblog.

That's my patio tomato in the first picture. I love tomatoes, big ones especially. Hopefully this tomato plant will deliver. I built the plant stand it rests on (second picture) using some two-by-fours and the extra leaves of a kitchen table that crumpled during a rough card game of spoons. How about my petunia basket. Love my super-petunias. Our marigolds aren't doing too shabby. And, of course, my rock garden. I try to collect rocks from various places we visited, e.g. Yellowstone and the Great Smoky Mountains.



















8 Comments:

Blogger Lynilu said...

I've tried patio/potted tomatoes with little luck. I love tomatoes, too, but the product from my attempts left me with little urge to try again. Good luck to you! Yours look good!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Big Dave T said...

LYNILU--So far. We still have the 'dog days' of summer to contend with. And we're leaving for a long weekend up north when the patio tomatoes may have to fend for themselves out of doors. Poor things. Hope they make it.

12:41 PM  
Blogger CiCi said...

Your tomato plant does look healthy. The tomatoes look very large, soon to be ready to eat.
Your flowers are all great. We like your rocks and the idea that they are souvenirs of different places you have traveled. Sentimental Garden.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Big Dave T said...

TECHNOBABE--Only problem is that it's getting hard to remember what some of those places were. "Was that one from Maine, or New Hampshire?"

4:57 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Your photos are all nice - love the tomatoes and the petunias especially.
Thanks for your comments and yes I am sure internet friends count as Vitamin F and glad you enjoy reading my stories and jokes.
I hope you and the family enjoyed your hot dogs Fourth of July cookout
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Carine-what's cooking? said...

I for one am very impressed by your gardening ability! Happy birthday to your son. just back from visiting our daughter and family. It's the desert-lots of draught resistant plants w/ no flowers or color there! pretty in a different way though

12:56 PM  
Blogger Big Dave T said...

MERLE--The hot dogs were good. We had a variety--Polish, Italian, chili dogs. Good sides too. Potato salad, chips, even sushi.

CARINE--I'll feel better AFTER harvesting season. My tomato plant doesn't look so good today. And we're going away for a long weekend. Should I put it outside? Not sure.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Nankin said...

I wish my tomatoes were doing that good. This 102 degree heat suck them dry.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home