Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Blog, by B.D. Rowling

This week marks the climax of my year-long infatuation with Ticketmaster. After I discovered how easy it was to acquire sporting event tickets on-line, I booked two seats to the Paul McCartney concert at Auburn Hills this weekend. However, Ticketmaster doesn’t want the relationship to end. I’ve been receiving weekly e-mails from them with a list of upcoming events that they’re sure I don’t want to miss.

There’s a band called Lez Zeppelin. That’s not a typo. I guess they don’t mind if you confuse them with Led Zeppelin. Here’s another act: Australian Pink Floyd. And another: The Waylin’ Jennies. Hmmmmm, do I see a pattern here? How about the Glenn Miller Orchestra? Hea, I heard that Glenn could really kick out the jams. But he died 60 years ago. If this is the same band, I’m sure the musicians are a little past it. An eighty-plus trombone player just isn’t going to hit those high notes the same way. What next? Beethoven’s String Ensemble?

But wait! Why didn’t I think of this before? Why try to climb the ladder to literary success as Big Dave? Wouldn’t it be easier if I garnered a little name recognition first? Maybe I should change my name to Big Dave Hemingway. Or how about David Charles Dickens. Ah, I’ve got it. B.D. (Big Dave) Rowling.

I’m halfway to the New York Times best seller list.

11 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

I'll be Fred Flintstone. I wonder if that'll fly?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Babette said...

Yoyo Ma...Yo Mama?

7:37 PM  
Blogger bornfool said...

I'm going to see the Rowling Stones, Kween and the Hoo next weekend.

5:27 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I am holding out for Pink Floyd Patterson's Greatest Hits.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

Damn, I had to go back and re-read this post. Thought you said You had a year-long climax. ;-)

12:54 PM  
Blogger the many Bs said...

Bailey and Baxter are commonly known as the Beastie Boys. Maybe I should rename my blog to "Hit the road, Jack" ... "and doncha come back no more no more no more no more"... doesn't it just make you feel like singing???

1:39 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

Heh..I ordered tickets from them one time 3 years ago online, and I still get the emails!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Nankin said...

Yeah, that's what happens when you order something on line. They just never stop coming.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget about ticketmaster. Now Dave-it's fine with me if you cheer on the Spartans but you made seeing a shrink sound like a bad thing over at Bonnie's...I'm hurt.
Well, not really.
Hey!- Where's the old stadium? I've been around along time and I don't know where that is. You've piqued my curiosity.

6:26 PM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Eureka! What an idea.

Years ago, when I lived in Florida, there was a candidate running for office named Ron Howard. No, not THAT Ron Howard, but it didn't stop him from playing the theme song from the Andy Griffith show behind all of his radio ads. I don't think he cared if you mistook him for THAT Ron Howard. I think he was encouraging it!!

My ticketmaster purchase was Blue Man Group. That is a continuously running show in Boston. I get emails about every other week telling me not to miss them. I just saw them!!! They are GREAT, but do they think I want to attend 24 times a year??

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog on ticketmaster .com ticketmaster .com

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home