Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Lucky Shot

agawa 2

No matter how many photographs I take on any given occasion, when I get them back from processing, there are only one or two "keepers." The rest of my pictures suffer from shadows, darkness, brightness, lens flare, blurriness (if it isn't a word, it should be), spots, streaks, dust, lens caps, thumbs, fingers, bad hair, heads half missing, eyes half shut, eyes wide shut, incorrect aperture or incorrect shutter speed.

Once in a while, I'll get it right, as in the picture above. I think even fellow blogger and snapshot artist Gypsybobocowgirl would agree. This picture I took last week at Agawa Canyon, where Algoma Central stops on its rail trek up from Sault Ste. Marie, Canada.

I had to climb 321 steps to the overlook too. Many of the seniors aboard this color tour braved angina to get this glimpse of the gorge and park below. Although the view was worth it, I thought they should have relocated the first aid station to the top of the incline. Or at least supplied a defibrillator, oxygen, nurse or fresh beer for those of us who summited.

10 Comments:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

Or a shuttle bus to the top??

This is a great photo!! I didn't get any this good in New Hampshire. It was hazy all the time so the shots all fade into a foggy mist in the distance. This is crystal clear and perfectly positioned! GREAT!!

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the same postcard when I took the train!!!

6:22 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Nicely did, Michigan. And this is freshly minted! I can tell, because those aren't spring colors.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. Great shot!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

Good one Dave.

Big Dave 1
Hoss ?

5:19 PM  
Blogger Babette said...

Stunning photo of a beautiful gorge, Big Dave!

I accept your chivalrous apology and now I'm almost sorry that I called Ann Arbor a hippie enclave known as West Ypsilanti.

Knock me over with a green and white feather - you are cheering for the Spartans this Saturday?! This is HUGE!! Why am I skeptical??

5:34 PM  
Blogger Nankin said...

I'm impressed.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

What an awesome snapshot!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Pirate said...

gipper tit? good one.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good post, for sure, but make sure you are prepared for anything by checking out defibrillator picture . The The Philips Heartstart Defibrillator could save your life.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home