Saturday, July 16, 2005

Why My New Profile Pic

I’m still new at this blogging thing. While scrolling down through my recent posts something occurred to me. There aren’t any comments. I used to get one here or there, but I’m really on a cold streak. There’s a half-dozen stories I told all with nary a response. But I think I figured it out. My old profile picture was scaring folks off. Yes, I can time the start of my cold streak to the moment I posted my profile picture of me and Minnie Mouse together.

Now, at first I figured it was Minnie Mouse, though I thought that was odd. But then a couple things happened. Number one: I was at the public library where their public computers are placed in two-person carrels. There are four computers, two at each two-person station. So if there are more than two people using computers there, you’re sitting right next to somebody, just like you were sharing a desk back in high school.

About a week ago, I was sitting at one of those carrels with an empty seat next to me. In the other carrel sat a strange-looking fellow, unshaven, with a long coat. I took him to be a homeless person seeking shelter indoors. Along came a more or less attractive middle-aged lady. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her look at me, then look at the man across the aisle. And she slides into the seat next to him!

Anyway, number two: I was sitting in my car outside a supermarket, waiting for the wife to return with groceries when my younger son starts laughing hysterically. It seems that out in the parking lot a girl about sixish was making the ugliest faces, jutting her jaw out and wrinkling her forehead. She was imitating me, my son said. Don’t know why that little girl did that. Maybe I was wincing from the sunlight. Or worried how much money my wife was spending.

So anyhoo, just in case it was my ugly mug discouraging visitors here, I have a new profile pic. It’s still me, but a picture from decades ago. Check it out. What could be more cute and appealing than a happy little boy on Christmas morning? Makes you want to comment or something, doesn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home