Friday, July 22, 2005

Dr. Moody Speaks



Hello. I'm Dr. Moody. And this is my blog. Some people call me a puppet, others a dummy. I prefer puppet. I'm a good friend of Big Dave. He asked me to write this blog as he is going camping for a week. I went camping with the family once. Campers would walk by and stare at me, and I'd stare back at them. That got old really quick. I didn't go camping after that.

Oh, I've had my fun. I used to tease the younger son about his appearance, or his last performance on the football field. And the kid and I would tussle, sometimes kind of rough. He broke my glasses one time. I used to wear glasses. Not anymore. Big Dave says he doesn't want to invest in a new pair.

There was the time I had a guest at the house. Flat Stan was a cardboard character concocted by an elementary school teacher out in South Dakota. Her vision was that Flat Stan would travel across the U.S. with folks taking pictures of him at landmarks along the way. Big Dave photographed Flat Stan and me at his bar downstairs, throwing back a couple drinks. I don't think those pictures made the final scrapbook of adventures, especially since Stan came from a Catholic school.

Then I was in some videos Big Dave produced with his sons and nephews, including a hip version of the Sleepy Hollow legend. I was the schoolteacher who hired Ichobod Crane in The Legend of the Headless Horse, Man. Then one time Big Dave and I were alone at home and he filmed us lip-synching "I've Got You Babe." I was Sonny, he was Cher. But then Big Dave's brother-in-law suggested that video not be shown outside the family. Not sure why but sometime after that Big Dave put me in the closet, on top of his accordion. I've pretty much been there since, until now.

So that's my blog. Hope you liked it. Have a nice day. Now back to my accordion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've come out of the closet, man. Leave the accordian in there though, 'kay?

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home