Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Fun

Fall marks one of my favorite times of the year with football, Halloween, Michigan apples and trees showing off their rich autumn plumage.

But my favorite University of Michigan Wolverine football team has dropped two straight, as has my fantasy football team. One of Michigan's losses came at the hands of their cross-state rival, the Michigan State University Spartans. Spartan fans can be so obnoxious for so long after they get an ill-deserved win too.

No respect. And THEN to make matters worse, see my new pet on the sidebar here? It is a virtual cat that I acquired at some effort through one of my blogging buddies. But last week I was SHOCKED to see it hawking Michigan State University tickets here on my blog. Some Google ad.

Not on my website, kitty. Do it again and you're going to meet my son's dog Simon here.



He loves cute, furry animals. Right now the score is Simon three, rabbits zero. Simon gives new meaning to the cheer, "Eat em up, eat em up. Rah, rah, rah." Heh, heh.

Sorry, that's probably "TMI", especially for those reading this before dinner, but I need to put the fear of god in that cat here. Also in any Spartan fans that might be lurking.

When I took this picture of Simon, I thought I would also take a picture of my 2009 found-on-the-ground cannister of coins (and a couple bills). Filling up, isn't it? See the Target gift card? I found that this past weekend. You can look those up on-line to see if they're still good and this one was. It was a $10 gift card with $10 still available.



Since I found it near a school, my wife surmised it was some poor kid's lost birthday present. She further tried to guilt me when we walked through a local Target store. She pointed out a little tike ahead of us, excitedly walking with his mother while holding a Target gift card in his tiny fingers. Guess they were headed for the toy aisle.

Not me. My card will probably pay for an addition to my Halloween yard display. In a way then, my find will benefit all children. Well, at least those who come trick-or-treating to my house this year.

See. I feel better now.

18 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Both my Wolverines and my 49ers are making this a really crappy fall for me. Cute dog though. The cat? friendlier than my cat.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Carine-what's cooking? said...

I agree cute pup!
son just moved and took the Maine Coon w/ him. Our tabby is now more relaxed than's he's been in over a year.
maybe he'll put on some weight.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How'd your fantasy football team do this past weekend?

6:08 PM  
Blogger Big Dave T said...

JAN--True, this cat is friendlier here but it just posted an ad again for the hotels in East Lansing. Can you train a cat?

CARINE--I can't get my wife to consider a cat for a pet, so I won't be able to share any cat stories with you.

ANONYMOUS--Re-read the blog. It's there.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's your fantasy football team doing lately?

5:20 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ The cat seems to be doing OK, maybe the ads will stop. I hope.
Glad you liked the joke about the buttocks - it turned out ok in the end. And you have a son living in
Ithaca.
Take great care, Regards, Merle.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, how if the old family fantasy football going?

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,Blog, are you still on top of your fantasy football league?

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, fill us in, Dave. Whats up with your F.Football team?

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Enforcer said...

Just wondering how your fantasy football team was doing?

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, hello, we're waiting for an update on your fantasy football team.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Big Dave T said...

MERLE--How come your cat doesn't broadcast any ads? I think my cat's messed up.

A lot of swine flu going around in Ithaca right now. Not the place to be.

SPAMMERS--Re-read the blog. It talks all about my fantasy team, which still has a winning record. More than I can say for the Enforcer.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your team has the swine flu.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Dave, just stopped by to get an update on your fantasy football team.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous bonnie said...

Ah, the beauty of the GREEN surrounding that sartorially challenged mongrel!

Enjoy the rest of your fall, Dave!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Big Dave T said...

BONNIE--"Sartorially challenged mongrel?" Dem's fightin' words.

Sic 'er, Simon.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a football sunday. How is the ole fantasy team looking today? Don't you just love sundays?

6:24 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Fall finally arrived in Tampa yesterday. We dipped below 60 degrees in the morning. And tomorrow? Maybe 49-50.

Copper is wearing his FSU sweater now. Since D2 is going to transfer from USF to UCF next year, we'll get him another sweater when she's there. (Confused yet?)

I need to read all the posts I missed. It's been awhile!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home