You're A Senior When...
We’ve been suffering through a stretch of days with temperatures in the high 80s and the low 90s here in Michigan. It almost makes me long for the days in an air conditioned office, toiling on my computer. For now, when I’m on my computer, I depend on a personal Honeywell fan.
So it seems like I’ve been doing a little of everything and a lot of nothing here. That may not be all because of the weather though. It seems like it’s a symptom of being retired and getting older. Here are some other symptoms of ‘senioritis’ as I’ve noticed them:
1. --Your favorite TV programs all include commercials for prescription drugs.
2. --You are no longer offended when given a senior discount without having to ask for one.
3. --When you go to your favorite places, whether a coffee shop, gym or favorite dining spot, you seem to be in the company of fellow seniors. Remember, millennials supposedly outnumber baby boomers. This may be true, but they’re not at the places I frequent, or maybe just not at the same time.
4. --You answer correctly a history question on the TV quiz show Jeopardy that stumps the TV contestants because you remember it happening in your youth.
5. --You like flowers in your yard more and more each year, and weeds less and less.
6. --You can’t understand why anybody would NOT want to hear funny stories about your grandchildren.
I’ll probably think of more as the months and years go on.